Saturday, January 17, 2015

January 17

Today was emotionally taxing. But there were good moments sprinkled in with the not-so-good, and this was one of them.

With Abby on an out-of-town trip with her church youth group, it was just me, Adam, and the Little Boys at lunch. As Adam ordered at the counter, the boys found a table, and quickly decided that they wanted to sit together.

Now this may not seem like a big deal, but they're six and four, and the possibilities for chaos are endless. Despite my concerns, I said okay, and they actually made it through (almost) the entire meal without having to trade seats with us.

But let me tell you somethihng: even when they were squirrelly and a wee bit crazy and a little too loud, their laughter and pure love for one another made me smile. And that kind of thing is worth more than gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment