Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20

Abby disappeared into the garage and emerged with this a few days ago.

Bearica was one of my special loveys when I was a kid. (And yes, I distinctively remember the moment when I named her; I thought I was a fledgling genius for coming up with such a punny moniker.)

Anyhow, courtesy of Abby, Bearica has followed me around the house all week. I think my girl figures that since her own loveys are so precious to her, mine must be equally precious to me; maybe even moreso because I'm markedly older. And I do indeed think fondly of that old bear; she was one of two stuffed animals I routinely slept with --clear up through high school-- and when I wasn't sleeping, she held a prominent place on my pillow.

Loyalty is an important trait to possess. And I think Abby's devotion to keeping my 'old friend' close by where I can see her shows a marked sense of loyalty. For the gift of seeing that kind of steadfast devotion in my daughter, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment