Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2

There were frost warnings posted, but I was still surprised to see that fine, icy crust covering the ground when I got up this morning. I headed out to get my coffee --via my marvelous Starbucks January tumbler!-- and stopped to admire what looked like millions of tiny, shimmering diamonds on the roof of our commuter car. Then my gaze shifted downward and I saw this in the passenger side window.

A beautiful crystalline cross. (And a number 7, too: my favorite digit.)

I snapped a picture. The first was blurred, but I noticed how my reflection appeared in the background, so I took another from the same position, because it reminded me so much of Psalm 18: Keep me like the pupil of the eye and in the shadow of your wings....

It's comforting to think of God protecting me and keeping me under his wing. For that beautiful little reminder, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment