Friday, January 30, 2015

January 30

This morning, I took Brady to preschool, bought a few things at the grocery store, got my coffee, and then took a quick turn around a local park. As I walked along, this ordinary bit of groundwork caught my eye.

It reminded me a little of human life: lots of bumps and uneven patches, but still pretty and artistic when viewed as a complete whole from one end to the other; from beginning to end.

To take the analogy a bit further, it features lots of different "paths" that can be taken. Most of the big rocks --the obstacles-- can be avoided by taking different routes, but some have to be scaled to continue onward. And that's okay, because God is with us throughout the journey: when we're meandering the wandering, flat trails and when we're standing in the foothills of life's biggest "rocks," poised to climb, climb, climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment