Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1

Isaac started off 2015 on the proverbial right foot. First, he made out invitations and asked us all to come to a party in the living room at 10:40 this morning. When we "arrived," he demonstrated the games we could play, and even better, he said that we had the option to either play alone, or to play with Logan. It's a blessing that he still includes his big brother in his daily life.

Then, a little later, he made lunch.

Plain toast, baby carrots, celery, lettuce, and broccoli. As I ate, I reflected on how much he's grown up over the past year. I'm proud that he likes healthy foods (obviously!), but I'm more proud that he's a thoughtful, kind-hearted kid who often asks questions about faith and is typically the first to jump up and ask if he can say the blessing before meals.

For those things --and for the great qualities of ALL of my kids-- I'm so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment