Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11

The fifth graders graduated from DARE this evening, so Abby and I headed off to the local theater for the festivities.

There were a few short essays read and the kids all congregated on stage to sing a few songs.

But what really got my attention --and made me laugh-- was the slide show at the very end of the evening. The kids laughed and applauded as the images were displayed. After one song finished, the second song --Katy Perry's "Roar"-- began. And those kids nearly blew the roof off singing along with the chorus. It tickled my funny bone so soundly that I recorded a clip of them so Adam could hear it later on.

The amusing nature of the experience aside, it's such a blessing to see Abby happy and taking part in something silly. She's had to deal with a lot of unfairness in her lifetime, so those moments of lighthearted fun with friends are beyond priceless to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment