Friday, May 22, 2015

May 22

Last night, Adam and I watched "Mom's Night Out." I only had vague notions of what it was about and the kids gave it to me for Mother's Day, so we thought we'd give it a whirl.

In the end, it surprised me for a few different reasons. First off, it has overtly Christian themes to it; the characters talk about love and hope and redemption through Christ. That's rare when it comes to Hollywood flicks that are actually released in theaters.

Beyond that, I got a surprise when I checked out the cast on IMDB. As I scanned the list of actors, one name stuck out like a sweet, sore thumb: Andrea Logan White. When I got over the initial surprise and clicked to read her bio, she was listed as simply Logan White.

Let's see: an overtly religious film about moms accepting themselves for who they are because they're the perfect mothers for their own children that stars someone named Logan White. I'd call that a wink.

No comments:

Post a Comment