Saturday, May 16, 2015

May 16

We went for a walk this evening. Given that it's mid-May, the air had a more significant chill to it than I might have expected, but it was still pleasant enough outside. Since we haven't had much rain, the greenery is mostly brownery, so a handful of deep pink rose petals caught my eye.

At first, I saw just one. But when I looked more closely, I realized the ground was actually dotted with those petals; those little points of vibrant light.

I know life is like that for me sometimes: there are plenty of bright lights, but it can be hard to see them amid the difficult, mundane, or less pleasant elements. So it was good to be reminded both that the good things are there and that they're plentiful, even if I have to squint a little bit to see them at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment