Friday, May 29, 2015

May 29

I wasn't really "looking" today. It's been a frustrating few days, and my heart just hasn't been in the hunt, so I probably missed a lot of nice little winks. I'm going to make a concerted effort to do better tomorrow. But this is what I came up with for today.

This morning, the school held its annual volunteer recognition ceremony. It's held out on the blacktop behind the school and features the kids singing songs for the parents who attend. When I arrived, I spotted Isaac's class pretty handily, but didn't see Abby's. I circled the group, looking at each face from a distance, and finally determined that her class was missing from the bunch.

I was confused over why they weren't there with the rest of the school and a little disappointed that they'd miss their very last one (since they'll be off to middle school this fall).

Well, just as the other three fifth grade classes stood up and began singing their tune --the last of the bunch-- her class finally emerged, single-file, from a nearby classroom. I immediately spotted Abby, who was marching along and singing in rather animated fashion. They may have been late, but they made an entrance.

Don't think that I'm saying that God is ever late --His timing is perfect, after all-- but I think we see a lot of what He does in this fashion. It can often feel like we're bound for disappointment but then voila, He pops up at the last possible second with an amazing solution to our issue that's even better than the "perfect" solution we'd had in mind.

So for those unexpected but surprisingly cool and notable "entrances" we sometimes encounter in this life, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment