Wednesday, May 6, 2015

May 6

Sometimes, I'm flat-out amazed by some of the experiences I've had in this life. Today, for example, I got to interview Robert Herjavec. As a huge 'Dancing with the Stars' fan and a huge fan of Team Sharkaroo (which I know makes no sense if you're not a fan, but that's the team name for Robert and his pro partner, Kym Johnson), it was a big-big-big deal. So I enjoyed it quite a lot. But the funny thing is, I enjoyed the everyday kind of experience that I had with Abby this evening just as much.

After dinner, I asked her if she wanted to go for a quick stroll with me. After confirming that I didn't mean a long walk, she agreed to come along... if she could read aloud to me along the way. So that's what we did: she read me a few chapters from an old Baby-Sitters Club book as we circled the park. And it was a lovely way to close out the evening.

Life is a string of moments, some big and memorable, some small and mundane. The challenge is remembering to place value on every moment, and I feel blessed that I'm inclined to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment