Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8

Every year, the preschool hosts a Mommy and Me Tea. There's a cute little slideshow featuring photos from the school year that's shown in the church and then we go to the classroom to have tea (for the mommies) and treats. Before the slideshow, the preschoolers file into the sanctuary and present the mommies with roses.

Brady and some of his friends were a little confused about what they were supposed to do this morning :) but eventually, he came to me, handed me a red rose, and sat down. They're typically instructed to say something --like Happy Mother's Day-- when they present the flower, but Brady just smiled and shrugged.

We watched the presentation, and then as we stood up to head out for tea, he finally said, in a near-whisper, "I love you."

I love those little moments.

My feelings about Mother's Day are so complicated that I'm not even sure I fully understand them myself, but it's a blessing to hear those "I love yous" now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment