Sunday, April 10, 2016

April 10

Today sucked. It's always hard to come back to reality after a glorious vacation, but it's doubly extra hard when you wake up to find that your roof is leaking, then a shingle from said roof falls and manages to land directly on your sprinkler line (which of course breaks it and causes water to spurt everywhere), then your power goes out for no apparent reason just as you're getting ready to make dinner (even though you check with your neighbors and *their* power isn't out). That was my day. Of course, I know quite well that it could be worse. But it was a bummer of a day that most definitely featured a series of unfortunate events that will result in me spending a LOT of time talking with roofers, contractors, electricians, and probably insurance adjusters this week. I'm not looking forward to it.

So this evening, I'm trying to decompress with this.

I bought it at Costco this afternoon (after the leak was noted but before the falling shingle incident and the power outage). It tastes good and better yet, it reminds me of Kaua'i, where I spent a lot of today wishing I still was! It brought me a little bit of Hawaiian cool, which I desperately needed after exhausting my own stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment