Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 29

Tonight, Corie and I went to the Luke Bryan concert in Concord. It was exciting for two main reasons: one, because I rarely (okay, almost never) go anywhere that doesn't begin with an "S" and end with "bucks" without kids and two, because I really, really like Luke Bryan and had wondered how he'd be live.

We missed out on the first opening act because of an issue with the shuttle driver from the overflow parking lot vanishing for a while (and yes, it was very odd). But we got there in time to catch Little Big Town and our headliner guy. And both were excellent; so much fun. I sang along to all of the songs and danced in place in my new boots (and I will no doubt pay dearly for that indiscretion tomorrow since my calves already hurt).

And of course, as a nod to both Abby and Logan, we stuck around long enough to catch the first encore --"Country Girl"-- which was the music to the first mother/daughter dance Abby and I ever did together, back in 2012. That may well be one of the goofiest songs ever recorded, but it makes me smile every time I hear it, because it reminds me of that special time with my girl. And, as odd as it may sound, it also reminds me of my Sunshine, who passed away just months before the recital that year. He would've loved it, and that enthusiasm that I can see in my mind's eye and hear echoing throughout my heart inspires me to dance and sing and be goofy even now.

No comments:

Post a Comment