Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 4

Today was a full one. After breakfast, we (plus Adam's dad) hiked what was billed as an "easy" route --the Maha'ulepu Trail, which was a bit steeper in places and a bit rockier than what I'd term an "easy" trail-- to a little beach where the kiddos got soaked in their clothes while they played in the Pacific. Then we made our way back to the car (and that was a chore, let me tell you, because I was pooped!) and went for some more shave ice (at a different shop, of course, because that's what we do. Today's pick was another local spot, Uncle's). Then this evening, we all went to a luau.

It was a good day all around, but my flagrant moment came during our time at that little beach.

As I turned to take a picture of the seascape, I noticed the yellow leaf floating in the water near my feet. I did a double take when I realized that it was shaped like a perfect heart. And of course, I took a photo so I'd remember it.

Love is everywhere. That's the message of aloha, and it was a more than appropriate message for me as Logan's sister and brothers gleefully splashed and played in the water behind me: love is in the ocean and the sky and in each of us. And that's a beautiful reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment