Friday, April 15, 2016

April 15

It was a Logan kind of day. When I awoke this morning with Lambie pressed to my cheek, I realized that he'd been in my dreams. Given that I can count the number of times that that's happened over the past four-plus years on one hand, it was an extremely significant event. From what I can remember, he didn't speak, but he was there. Then as I drove Brady to preschool, I looked over and saw a Corvette in sitting at a stoplight next to us. And then there was this.

Tonight Abby and I had dance, and as is our custom, we had fast food for dinner and then headed out to do some window shopping before class. I didn't feel like making the trek to Target, so this time we wound up at the Hallmark store in town. We wandered around looking at Itty Bittys and other sundries, when Abby suddenly stopped and said "Mom. Look."

I looked, but initially missed seeing it, so I said "What?" and as any self-respecting, exasperated pre-teen would do, she rolled her eyes at me and tapped on the cover of the book. My heart fluttered in my chest when I digested the words: When God Made Logan.

I don't know what it all means. I don't know why he was so present today. But I'm thankful when God gives me a window of sorts into my Sunshine's new world and lets me bask in those memories --and promises-- a little longer than usual.

2 comments: