Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19

Isaac was recognized at tonight's school board meeting for consistently displaying respectful behavior. His teacher nominated him for the award, and he was one of nine kids from across the district who received the distinction.

I'm incredibly proud that one of my kids earned recognition not for hitting a lot of home runs or spelling a lot of words right, but for being a good person. Of course, it's good to be good at something and those kinds of awards are well-earned, but there's nothing like the sense of pride that came over me when I heard his teacher's words: that Isaac always has a kind word and that he's never said anything mean to anyone.

I take very little credit when it comes to his sweet spirit --that's just how God made him-- but I'm thankful to be able to call him one of my own, and I'm thankful that he's as awesome as he is --that they're all as awesome as they are-- in spite of my inadequacies as a parent. It's mercy at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment