Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22

Abby is obsessed with Superman. Or at least with the Hallmark Itty Bitty version of Superman. (Who she --for some reason I can't explain-- calls "Thuperman".)

For the past few Fridays, we've gone to dinner after her tap class and then headed to Hallmark so she could visit with him. She jogs to the back of the store where the Supermen are kept, calling out "I see him! I see Thuperman!" And then when she finds him, she grabs him and hugs him (and squeezes him and calls him George. Not really. But it begged the Looney Tunes reference because that short was gold). Today, she danced with Thuperman and then laughed so hard at herself that she cried.

I love that my girl feels so free to be herself no matter where she is and no matter who's watching. I don't know that I've ever had that kind of confidence, so seeing it in her is surreal. It makes my heart smile.

Although she gets under my skin like no one else, God made a pretty awesome person when he made my girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment