Monday, April 18, 2016

April 18

We went to Costco this evening. As I walked toward the store behind Adam, I noticed this little ladybug on his back and made him stop so I could take its picture. And then it winged away.

I'm not a bug person (and seriously, some insects will send me screaming from a room), but I've always had a thing for ladybugs. Maybe it's because they're so whimsical-looking with their red bodies and black dots, or maybe it's because my mom used to call me ladybug when I was very young. Whatever the reason, they always make me smile and remember simpler times. And especially when adulting is challenging --like when your roof leaks and your ceiling is pending repairs and the tree roots that someone swore were gone aren't actually gone-- those reminders are a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment