Tuesday, September 13, 2016

September 13

This may come as a surprise to some because I don't talk much about it, but I've always struggled with anxiety. I know the Bible says I shouldn't worry, but knowing that doesn't always change the way I feel. Sad, I guess, but it's the truth. And I confess it. Lately, I've felt an uptick in anxiety, to the point that I'm waking up overnight worrying over issues and situations that aren't typically more than blips on my radar. When I feel like this, I look for little things that make me smile --even if it's just for a minute or two-- and this is something I saw tonight.

This is one of Abby's stuffed animals, a penguin that's alternately known as Big Eyes and Waddles. I have no idea why it's wearing a sparkly doll dress, but it is, and it was sitting next to me on the couch for quite some time this evening before I noticed it was there. I chuckled when I finally saw it.

A small thing. An inconsequential thing, really. But it made me forget my troubles for a moment, so that makes it a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment