Monday, September 26, 2016

September 26

I saw this as I came downstairs this morning. I thought it was cute, so I retrieved my phone and snapped a pic for no real reason. A bunny and a bear; two different animals sitting together in harmony.

And then this evening, the reason I felt compelled to capture the scene made itself known. I was putting the Little Boys to bed, and as is our custom, we started singing songs just before lights out. I opened with "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and then moved on to "Jesus Loves Me," and they sang along. And when they did, I suddenly noticed that Brady wasn't singing "Jesus loves me" or even Adam's version, "Jesus loves you." No, my muffin was singing "Jesus loves everyone." I stopped when I realized what he was saying, and he smiled shyly and forged on.

And I was struck by the profound wisdom in my five-year old's words: Jesus does love everyone, even those who I might otherwise deem unlovable. It's an important lesson to remember, given the ever-present troubles in this world and the tensions that threaten peace: Jesus loves everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment