Thursday, September 22, 2016

September 22

I had a pleasant morning: a leisurely coffee get-together with a friend, followed by a quick stop at a grocery store I hardly ever visit. While I was there, I came across a bin of Hot Wheels, so given my interest in Corvettes, I took a look. And I was truly shocked to find one I'd been looking for for months -- and had given up on ever actually finding.

In the world of Hot Wheels, there are regular cars, and then there are special cars that are made in shorter supply, which of course makes them harder to find. I've done a good job of hunting down most of the Corvettes produced over the past few years, but this one --thanks to its relative rarity-- had eluded me until today. I almost cried right there in the store when I found it, because for just a half-second, it felt like Logan was giving me little wave; telling me 'hey mom, I've had this here for you for a while now.'

A small thing for sure. But a valuable one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment