Thursday, September 8, 2016

September 8

I feel silly, but I'm quite pleased with this:

It's the top of my dresser, and it's remotely organized. It's kind of embarrassing to admit it, but I'm not the best cleaner-upper. In fact, I'm probably not even in the top 50th percentile of top cleaner-uppers. But the dresser had been messy for years (yes, years), and I finally decided today that I'd had enough. So I neatened it up. Threw out stuff. Moved stuff to new homes. Thoroughly dusted stuff.

Never mind that I still have entire rooms to clean, but I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished. And I was reminded that any kind of positive change begins with a step, no matter how small it may seem.

So closet, you're now on notice: I'm coming for you. (Not really. At least, not yet. I'm still tired from the dresser.)

No comments:

Post a Comment