Thursday, September 15, 2016

September 15

It's been... a week, I guess. A less than awesome week. But there have been a few bright spots, including this one from today.

One of the fun kindergarten activities that my kiddos have enjoyed is a visit from Clifford the Big Red Dog. They get to bring a stuffed animal home, along with a backpack, Clifford books, and a journal. They're supposed to interact with Clifford and then share what they did via a journal entry.

It's always fun for me to see what the kiddos want to share with Clifford; will they want to feed him? Will he join us for dinner? Will he ride in the car or hang out with the other stuffed animals who share our home? Will he have fun? The exercise gives their creativity and inventiveness a chance to shine, and I love hearing what they say because invariably, they'll come up with something that makes me smile. And when it's been a week, those little funnies mean an awful lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment