Friday, September 16, 2016

September 16

Ah, sweet Friday. Today was the day for Clifford the biggish red stuffed dog to return to kindergarten, so Brady double-bagged it as we headed out to the car this morning. There's something just so precious about watching someone quite small managing the weight --and the inherent awkwardness-- of two backpacks, so after I asked if he wanted help --he said no-- I stopped and watched him amble along the sidewalk for a moment.

I think, sometimes, that God views us in the way that I viewed Brady here: As precious little kiddos who must learn to navigate life with our baggage. Of course, He offers up help just like I did (and we so often turn Him down, just like Brady turned me down).

It was an interesting parallel to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment