Thursday, September 29, 2016

September 29

It's been a long week, so I was gratified when, as I drove home after dropping Abby off at her dance class this evening, the theme song to "Cars" came on the radio. It's a happy song for me, so it's always a welcome tune. The Little Boys, who were along for the ride, noticed the familiar chords rather quickly and the sweetest conversation ensued.

Brady was the first to speak when he asked me why Logan liked "Cars" so much. I didn't really have any answer because the truth is that I don't really know; I can guess that he loved it because he loved all-things automotive, so I said as much. Then Isaac took his turn addressing the query, and I liked his response so much better than my own: Logan liked "Cars" because God made us all different and special in our own ways. And liking "Cars" is one thing that made him special.

I smiled and agreed and left it at that. When we got home, I took this picture before we went inside. These boys may not get to grow up with their big brother, but I am so blessed that he's still so much a part of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment