Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13

I'm not really big on posting (or even taking) pics of myself (especially recently), but I'm making an exception today. This is the image I took of myself during my lunch-date-that-wasn't.

I'll back up for a sec. Adam is on his work sabbatical (finally! Woo!), and this morning he suggested we go to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory after he finished up with his planned blood donation. I said fine, and watched as he made sandwiches for Isaac and Brady and then headed out the door. Half an hour later, I --and the kiddos-- left. (If you already see my error, you're way ahead of the curve. Or at least you're way ahead of me.)

When we got to the restaurant, he gave a "what on earth are you doing" face and said he'd meant for just us to go out. (Duh. I'd wondered why on earth he'd made the sandwiches if we were all going to go eat, but didn't think to ask. Double duh.) I offered to drive them home and return, but he declined, and we went forward with our romantic five-person "date."

The Little Boys were squirrelly, Abby was embarrassed, and Adam remarked that it wasn't exactly the experience he had in mind, but honestly, how many times have we all had those moments? I know I've had more than a few. So though it's totally on me that it wasn't the nice experience it could've been, it was still memorable. And it's a blessing to be able to create new memories with people who matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment