Sunday, June 4, 2017

June 4

Abby opted to start her summer vacation by being sick. She didn't look quite right on Friday, and she continued to not look quite right yesterday, but never had a fever when I checked. Then, this morning when I went to tell her to get dressed for church, she again didn't look right, and this time when I touched her forehead, it was hot: after a few days of dancing around the issue, the fever had arrived. So she spent most of the day like this:

I'm bummed that she's sick; it stinks to start off a vacation not feeling well. But honestly, I like being able to sit and watch her sleep, especially given how much she's changed in the nine months since she began seventh grade. I can't get that time back, of course, and she'll never again be a little girl, but she'll always be my little girl. And seeing her cuddled up with her pillow, resting, reminds me of when she was really young.

No comments:

Post a Comment