Thursday, June 22, 2017

June 22

With the boys away camping (well, sort of; more on that in a bit*), today was something of a rarity: it was a girl-day. Abby and I started things off with brunch at Black Bear, and then swung by the mall to do some (which equates to "a very small amount of") clothes-shopping. Then late this afternoon, I went to a movie with K (who will no doubt mentally smack me upside the head for posting this photo, but well, you know, pttttthp. At least I'm the one who looks kind of sketch here. There were other options).

I can be a wee (lot) bit chatty; sometimes I talk just to fill voids because I tend to find silence uncomfortable. (Well, that and I really do like finding out more about others.) But I genuinely like talking --and spending time-- with these two people. And I'm really thankful for all of the good that both of them bring into my life.

(The *: the boys actually abandoned their camping excursion this morning after they discovered that Brady was particularly attractive to mosquitos. But they had a good time while they were there, and opted to continue their adventure at my in-laws' house tonight, which left my girl-day fully intact. Win-win.)

No comments:

Post a Comment