Friday, June 23, 2017

June 23

So this is what prompted the boys to truncate their camping trip:

Sorry, I know it's kind of icky looking, but this is Isaac's back. I counted and he has more than 70 mosquito bites on his back, legs, and face, and most of them look angry. (Brady has a bunch, too, but his are less aggressive-looking.) Don't worry: I'm watching him for signs of a fever (or anything unusual, really).

So here's where I'm going with this: This kid has to be incredibly uncomfortable. I know the bites itch and hurt at once, but he hasn't complained at all. I know I whine and moan about discomforts that are far less significant than his, so I'm humbled by the quiet fortitude he's shown. I think the world would be a decidedly more peaceful place if we all approached trials with this kind of tolerance and endurance.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Those look really uncomfortable. Poor Isaac and Brady. We can learn SO MUCH from our kids for sure. I hope they get healed up soon. ((Hugs!)) Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete