Friday, June 30, 2017

June 30

I didn't do a whole lot today, but I did head out late this morning to have coffee with a friend. Since Adam had already gotten me coffee --I'd forgotten to tell him about my plans and he was being sweet!-- I went with something different:

It's a berry/prickly pear something-or-other. I didn't stir it off the bat so my first mouthful was so sour that it actually made my mouth pucker. I learned from my oops, gave it a quick run-through with my straw, and the next swigs were much more palatable.

Life can be like that. If we focus on one bitter, sour, or otherwise unpleasant aspect of our existence, it can spoil the entire cup. But if we can view it as a conglomerate of experiences --a mixture of the not-so-great and the sweet-- it's much tastier. And we're much more likely to enjoy the whole thing.

Perspective can be beautiful, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment