Tuesday, October 10, 2017

October 10

It was such a beautiful morning that I expedited my coffee-drinking time in order to head to the Sports Park to walk the loop. For some reason (and I really have no idea why), I decided it would be a good idea to take a picture of myself walking. So here it is:

Yup, that's me walking: earbuds in, hair mostly a frizzy mess, but it's me. And as I reflected as I walked, that's not a terrible thing. I am, for better or worse, the person God intended me to be, and though I'm not perfect, I'm here and I'm taking care of kids and (doing a terrible job of) taking care of a house and consciously --deliberately-- connecting with others on a daily basis. Am I selling people on the idea of God and of Heaven and of the saving power of Jesus as I walk through my daily life? I don't know. Probably not most of the time, but for the days that my experience and tendency toward oversharing make a difference, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment