Thursday, October 5, 2017

October 5

It was an eventful day that began with Brady getting stuck his room and me breaking the door frame to get him out (don't ask. I don't even know how it happened so I can't explain), progressed to repeated failed attempts at taking a nap, moved on to signing a heap of loan docs for a refinance, and ended with Chick fil A. All the while, I was contemplating my time back in Maryland and really internalizing how much I miss being there. But it's not where my life is, so I have to focus on the positives, and of course, these people are the biggest ones of all.

It's hard being bicoastal, because no matter where I am, I miss someone. I guess that's the reality for anyone who's ever left home or has a family member who's moved away. I've felt quite alone at times over the past several years, and though I'm fairly social by nature and have run myself ragged trying to build and maintain relationships, a big piece of me wishes I could just be back east, where I have lots of family and old friends and friendship doesn't feel so... hard.

But I digress, because the people in the photo, they're the ones who matter most. And I'm thankful to have them here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment