Thursday, October 12, 2017

October 12

I'm really (really) thankful that it's Thursday and that Adam is coming home tomorrow. For the most part, it's been a decent week, but we've certainly had our Moments and I'm looking forward to sharing parental responsibilities once again. And I'm looking forward to being off-duty for a little while. In fact, I began my off-duty'ness this evening by re-painting my nails.

I went with a nice, coppery color that reminds me of Fall leaves. (Corny but true. I miss the East Coast this time of year.) There's something pleasant about taking care of yourself, even in the simplest of ways. The down time is relaxing, and when I'm calm, I'm peaceful, and when I'm peaceful, I'm more likely to revel in my blessings -- and to feel actual gratitude for them. And that's a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment