Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30

This evening, we did as we do every year and carved the pumpkins we picked at Pastorino's. It's a tradition for Adam and the kiddos to hunker down on the newspaper-covered kitchen floor, listening to music as they use Sharpies to draw their designs. As is our recent custom, the Little Boys drew their faces and Adam carved them, while Abby took on the entire task solo. (My involvement is generally limited to taking photos and laughing over the sillier moments.)

I feel like I've repeated myself quite a lot lately; probably because after nearly five years, it's hard to come up with fresh moments or observations to share. But I still feel like sharing the truth, and the truth here is that family traditions --all off them-- are blessings. So during this custom-rich time of year, there are many reasons for me to be thankful -- as long as my eyes are open to the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment