Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9

Abby would probably be really (really) mad if she knew I was using this image, but she insisted I take it so I could text it to Adam. And it's just way too perfect.

I wasn't thrilled when, a few weeks back, Abby told me about the colonial period project for her History class and said she wanted to make a dress. My mom is an amazing seamstress so I know how challenging --and time-consuming-- clothing construction can be, so I not-so-subtly encouraged her tackle a less ambitious project.

Of course, my one and only daughter is also extraordinarily stubborn and she had her heart set on making a dress, so that's just what she did, with help from Adam's mom. She's modeling the final product above.

My grousing aside, I'm proud of her for not taking the easy way out by choosing a simpler project. After all, easier isn't always better, and a challenge met builds character. I'm thankful that I get to watch her --and all of my kiddos-- choosing to take the roads less traveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment