Wednesday, October 25, 2017

October 25

I've been thinking about perspective a lot lately. I know that's something of an amorphous topic but stay with me for a sec while I (try to) tease it out.

These are my glasses:

Aside from improving my vision (a little bit), they literally change the way I view the world: people, situations, pretty much everything looks different when I wear them.

These glasses may make everything clearer for me, but they do nothing for Abby because she has an entirely different prescription. So what's my point here? It's this: just because something seems entirely clear to me doesn't mean that it's clear to someone else. I know I forget that all the time; I'll interpret an action (or lack of action) to mean one thing, when it reality, it was intended to mean something else entirely. So, to sum it up, it's incredibly important to remember that because we all have different prescriptions, we also must be full of grace -- and willing to extend it when we don't see eye to eye with someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment