Thursday, February 1, 2018

February 1

Gotta be honest: I'm tired. Between a load of extra work that unexpectedly fell into my lap and that upcoming anniversary, the past few weeks have left me feeling overwhelmed. I'm trying to find little things to help me hold it together as best I can, and as odd as it sounds, this was one of today's little things:

Yep, that's a bowl of cereal, and it served as my dinner tonight. (I had a meeting and didn't get to eat beforehand, and by the time I got home I just didn't feel like doing anything complicated.) I --like my own kids, who polished off an entire box today-- ate quite a lot of cereal as a kid, so it takes me back to a different time when life was a bit less complicated. So for the memory of that simplicity, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment