Sunday, February 25, 2018

February 25

With the beginning of the baseball season just around the corner, Adam and I took Isaac and Brady to the park to practice this afternoon. There was batting and fielding and some lying around in the field. And then, while Adam was pitching to me (because hey, I like some BP, too), the boys were thrilled to find this:

Though they insisted it was nothing more than a little stick, it was definitely --duh-- a huge branch. But that didn't stop them from joining forces and dragging it around together. Although we definitely didn't let them bring it home, their dogged efforts made me think a bit about challenges. It's easy for me to look at a daunting task and think 'there's no way I can carry that.' And in fact, by myself, I'd probably struggle. But with help --from family, friends, and definitely God-- I can do just about anything.

And that's an encouraging thought, especially as challenges loom on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment