Wednesday, February 14, 2018

February 14

I have a complicated relationship with Valentine's Day. When I was a little kid, I liked it because what kid doesn't like fun class parties and cute little cards? When I was a slightly older kid, I didn't like it so much because teachers started saying it was okay to just bring those cute little cards for your friends... and I'd changed schools so I didn't get very many. (And yes, that actually still stings all these years later.) When I was a young adult, I liked it because I had Adam and it was fun to dress up the kiddos in adorable red and pink outfits. Then when I was 34, I didn't like it because Adam and I spent the day driving around looking at grave sites for our little boy, who had just passed away. So yeah. Complicated.

So I guess it was a good thing that I was really, really busy today and didn't have much time to think about it. I gave the kids their chocolates just before we left for school drop-offs (and here they are...)

... then went to have coffee and caught up with emails (and did some work), became absolutely incensed over Brady's baseball team situation (which I am not going into right now but you can go ahead and picture me spitting nails and wanting to kill people), went to the grocery store, stopped by the school to make sure all of the items for Isaac's class party had arrived, met some friends for lunch, ran back to the school for the previously mentioned party (which was 90 minutes long... which is a long party), went back to the grocery store, had dinner (heart-shaped pizza for the win), took Abby to dance, walked on the treadmill, picked Abby up from dance, and then settled in on the couch for some Olympics viewing with my hunny.

So yeah, it was a busy day. But it was a blessed day because I got to spend time with my family. And spending time with loved ones is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment