Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 28

I spend a fair amount of time at Starbucks (which, if you know me in real life, is a duh-kind of observation), so it's not surprising that over the past year or so, I've gotten to know Jess, the manager.

She became something of a weekday morning fixture for me, and usually had a smile and a cup of blonde roast coffee waiting for me by the time I got to the counter. In fact, it wasn't unusual for her to bring refills to my table without me even having to ask. But because life is always morphing and changing, today was her last day.

I told her that she'll be great in her next job --and I believe she will!-- because she's so sweet and because she takes the time to get to know people, even when she doesn't necessarily need to do it to get the job done. I'll definitely miss her, but I'm thankful for the way she made me --a run-of-the-mill customer-- feel important and cared for on a regular basis just by being herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment