Thursday, February 22, 2018

February 22

Today, my one and only (for the next few days, anyway) niece celebrated her 10th birthday, and I quietly remembered the seventh anniversary of the day Logan could very well have died (but didn't), had coffee with a pal, went to Brady's baseball practice, got frustrated with PTA stuff, took out said frustration on my treadmill, and watched an intense battle for Olympic figure skating gold. And, because I took no photos, I'll add that I ate this for dessert:

I wish I could say that I drowned my sorrows in that cup of yogurt, but nah. Didn't happen. I still feel tired and decidedly discouraged and in a way, more unsettled than I've felt in quite a long time. None of that is terribly unusual, but familiarity with a feeling doesn't make it less painful.

Still, in the back of my mind --and the recesses of my heart-- I'm hopeful that God has more positive things for me just around the corner. And so I wait.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete