Tuesday, February 13, 2018

February 13

Somehow I managed to not take any photos today, so I had to reach back into my archives to find one that would work, and I came up with this. It's a few years old and we both look a little too fancy (because we were at a wedding), but it's what I've got:

Kelly, who is the director of the preschool our kids attended, texted me last week to ask if I had time to go for a walk and catch up, so that's what we did this afternoon. In addition to being great with kids, she's also a great listener, so our "catch up" time consisted of me babbling on and on about just about every random topic that came to mind. In true Kelly fashion, she listened thoughtfully and asked questions, but never told me what I should think.

It's good, I think, to just have a sounding board sometimes. So for the chance to just be open and real and to say aloud a lot of the things that I often think but don't put out there, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment