Monday, February 26, 2018

February 26

My personal frustrations aside, it was a happy day for our extended family because Adam's brother Eric and his wife Emily welcomed their third child and first daughter, little Melody. I got the news from Adam late this afternoon, and as soon as I did, Abby reminded me to light the candles Emily gave us at her girls' outing a few weeks ago:

I can't remember the exact words she used as she handed them out that day, but the gist of it was that she wanted us to illuminate the candles --which were from their wedding-- as soon as we found out the baby had been born. The goal was to celebrate the news by spreading a little extra light through the world.

A nice message, I think, and certainly a sweet way to commemorate the beginning of a new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment