Thursday, July 12, 2018

July 12

I go back and forth on whether or not I'm happy about being our elementary school's PTA President this coming school year. Much of the time, I'm kind of annoyed over it because the role really (really) just fell in my lap. In fact, a year ago, if you'd have told me I was going to be in this position right now, I would've laughed in your face. Loudly. For a long, long time. But experiences like the one I had tonight make me glad that I'm where I am.

It was just an executive board meeting at a park of all places, but it felt really good. We got through our entire agenda in good time, had some really excellent discussion, floated some great ideas, and communicated effectively. And for the first time in a long time, I felt like I could actually handle this job I wasn't really thrilled about taking.

And those feelings of competence and optimism, my friends, are huge blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment