Wednesday, July 4, 2018

July 4

I only took one photo today and it's a little reminiscent of yesterday's, but it's a good one so I think I'll keep it. And him.

I've been debating about how truthful I want to be here, and since I'm pretty honest by nature --even when it winds up being to my detriment-- I may as well go full-throttle: much of this year has been hard. I've spent a lot of it feeling frustrated, overwhelmed, and even a little invisible at times. But I can always count on this guy --who accompanied me on a long walk around the Sports Park and then took me downtown for some Rita's afterward-- to listen and to try to help make things better or give a fresh perspective.

It doesn't always work, of course, because he's human just like I'm human and we all do the wrong things and say the wrong things now and then (or more often, since, well, human). But I always appreciate any and all efforts driven by love. And his most certainly are just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment