Monday, July 9, 2018

July 9

Other than the first and last few hours, today was a very, very frustrating one for me. To close it out, Adam cheered me up by taking me to dinner (and buying me cheesecake!). And before things got under my skin, this was how the day began:

VBS (or VBC, as it's called this go-round since who wants to think about 'school' during the summer?) began today. Our kids have attended every year they've been eligible save 2017, when we were on Kaua'i. So this morning they got up, put on their shirts, and very nicely posed for me before we headed out.

I'm thankful for the program and for the volunteers who run it --including Abby, who's working with the preschoolers this year-- since I know it's not an easy show to put on.

It's a blessing to have identifiable bright spots in an otherwise exasperating day!

No comments:

Post a Comment