Thursday, July 26, 2018

July 26

We got up this morning, ate, and then headed out for a hike to Asa Lake, where the boys went backpacking last month. I won't lie: the drive was rough, and it was mostly because I was feeling out of sorts. (Which was mostly because my neck and back have been hurting lately and the trail head was located off a pothole-pocked dirt road that I thought would never, ever end.) But we persevered, wandered through meadows filled with the remnants of what must've been an impressive wildflower display, and arrived at our destination.

While there, we lunched, took turns walking along a bobbing fallen tree, and visited a mini waterfall, where everyone but me got their heads wet and did shampoo commercial-worthy hair flips.

It wasn't a perfect day by any means. I was cranky and didn't handle my emotions as well as I could have. But it was still a blessing to see a new place with my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment