Tuesday, September 11, 2018

September 11

I was out in the backyard the other day --which happens appalling infrequently-- when I realized that our little apple tree had been quite productive this year. So I scoured the ground for fallen fruit and plucked a few of the fatter ones from its branches before I headed back inside.

When I was a kid, I always thought it would be fun to have a fruit tree. We had huge gardens and grew everything from cucumbers to melons to beans to marigolds to raspberries, but there was something alluring about the idea of picking a fresh apple from a tree. And now I'm blessed to have have an apple tree (and an orange tree) of my own.

There may be many things about my life that aren't as I would have planned them, but I'm happy to have those trees (and all of that "free" fruit!).

No comments:

Post a Comment