Saturday, September 22, 2018

September 22

Brady went to his friend Austin (who is my friend Nikki's son)'s birthday party at a bowling alley this evening. He had a good time bowling (of course) and eating pizza and spending time with his friends. Here he is with one of them before the game began:

As cute as they are, I'm actually going to talk about a small gesture Nikki made that meant quite a lot to me (even if I didn't show it at the time). She knew I'd had a tough few days, and at one point she looked at me, noted that I looked tired, and asked if I wanted a Diet Pepsi (which wasn't one of the drinks in pitchers for the party-goers). Before I could answer, she said she was getting me one and wandered off. When she came back a few minutes later, she had two cups and handed me one.

It was, of course, just a soda, but it was also a sign that she was concerned about me and wanted to help. And I'm really thankful for her kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment