Saturday, September 29, 2018

September 28

After a week that I'd best typify as stressful, it was such a blessing to spend most of my Friday with Taylor. After I did the usual kid drop-offs and a little shopping, she picked me up at 12:40 and we headed to the mall to have our makeup done at MAC. (Random, I know, but entertaining, even if my makeup artist did stick her foot in her mouth in a truly epic way.)

From there, we drove to the south bay for the Jason Aldean (and Lauren Alaina and Luke Combs) concert. It was quite the experience sitting out there in the lawn, but it was fun to sing the songs and to people watch (and laugh at some of the stranger characters we encountered (like Drunk Charlie, who very nearly sang me the chorus from "Sherry Baby" but very mercifully did not)).

But precise circumstances aside, as I said at the beginning of this entry, it was a blessing to spend some extended time with someone as cool as this chick. And for those hours, I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment